Monday, 20 February 2017
‘Fruits can enrich your diet with a number of nutrients’: AMRI Hospital Kolkata
The body needs various essential nutrients and minerals for its overall growth and development. A healthy diet is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Thus, it becomes imperative to eat food with high nutritive value.
In order to attain different nutrients needed by the body, it is important to eat a wide variety of food products. A number of studies have highlighted that fruits are a good source of various nutrients potent enough to enrich your diet. The wide-ranging benefits offered by them make fruits the best gift of Mother Nature to mankind. The experienced medics at AMRI Hospital, one of the leading multispecialty hospitals in Kolkata state that fruits are a storehouse of various vitamins and minerals which help in ensuring a smooth functioning of the body.
Fruits are not just utterly delicious, they are healthy too. Following a diet rich in fruits reduces the risk of developing some chronic diseases to a great extent. Apart from being one of the best sources of dietary fiber, fruits help in ensuring the proper functioning of the digestive tract. AMRI Hospital Kolkata highlights that they supply ample energy to your body and have no cholesterol. Some of the major benefits offered by them include:
• Fruits are a good source of many essential nutrients such as potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate (folic acid).
• They help in maintaining a healthy weight.
• They are effective in promoting emotional well-being among adults.
• Fruits rich in potassium such as bananas, prunes, peaches, apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and orange help in maintain healthy blood pressure.
• A number of fruits are effective in boosting the body’s immune system.
• They help in combating severe diseases due to the presence of various flavonoids, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, phytochemicals, the micro- and macronutrients.
• The risk of strokes, high blood pressure, indigestion, cancer, heart disease, diabetes and other chronic diseases is alleviated by including fruits in your diet.
• Fruits like berries, apple and banana offer various benefits for skin and hair as well. They are widely used as an alternative of various skin-care creams due to their healing properties.
• The essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants present in fruits provide nourishment to the skin and are effective in keeping it hydrated.
• The chances of developing diabetes and asthma can be lowered due to the antioxidants called flavonoids present in apples.
• The healthy monounsaturated fats present in fruits like Avocados can help in lowering the cholesterol levels and are good for your heart.
• Anthocyanin, the powerful antioxidant present in blackberries helps in reducing the risk of stroke and cancer to a great extent.
• Fruits like Cranberry are effective in treating and preventing urinary tract infections.
• Resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant present in grapes helps in preventing heart diseases by reducing blood pressure levels and lowering the risk of blood clots.
Keeping in mind the wide-ranging benefits offered by fruits, it is recommended to include them in your daily diet